HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Neighbor animals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jdtru
Perfect Pal

PostSubject: Neighbor animals   Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:32 am

OK, here's what is happening with me today (and yesterday). We have three slightly spoiled dogs. Yes, four years ago, I was not a dog lover, or animal lover for that matter, but I think I was nice enough to know even then to not be cruel to animals. I just didn't want to tough them or be licked by them. Then something switched in me and I am a complete animal lover (except for spiders). Well, my neighbor got a puppy about a month ago. They built a "house" for it out of chicken wire, cardboard, and a tarp. I think the dog keeps running away because I don't see it for days at a time and it has no collar. Two days ago, it showed up again. Then yesterday heard him crying so I went over to pet him to see what was wrong and saw that they chained him to the fence by putting the chain around his neck with a lock to keep it on. GRRRRRRRRRRR and then when I got closer I noticed that his ribs were sticking out from his side and his belly was clearly empty. So I became nosey and looked in his "house" (which is now just cardboard and half a tarp) and all around the yard for a food bowl. NOTHING, not even a water bowl around. Well, I gave him a full bowl of food and water and a treat. The dog ate like he had never eaten before and drank the entire bowl of water. It was a good size bowl too. I'm just so sad for this dog! I fed him again this morning. I know he just got back from who knows where but am I being unreasonable to think that he needs more food and free accress to water? The kids that take care of him are all pretty young, the mom hates dogs and dad has two jobs. They are out this morning but I think I will try and talk to the kids when they get home about the food and water and letting the dog play and exercise. It is still frustrating and very sad!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
USMom
Most Awesome Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Neighbor animals   Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:41 am

Oh, that is awful! Would they let you have him? Or do you think that would just result in them getting another dog in a few months? I hate it for the dog, but am glad God saw fit to put him next door to you.

View user profile http://www.sugargliderretreat.net
Something_To_Believe_In
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Neighbor animals   Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:49 am

Would you all believe that not long ago Jamie would back away from dogs saying "no licking, no licking" an would not pet them????? How is that possible for MY sister????

Now here she is loving on a neglected puppy. Now THAT is my sister!

She has been giving this puppy food and water and called me early this morning to "be sad" for the dog for a bit. cry2

Of course, this enrages me. Why even bother to get the dog if you are not going to care for it?

I told her that I was gonna type up a very official letter from my rescue stating that they have 24 hours to demonstrate proper care for this dog and tape it to their door. Don't know what I'll do if they don't respond.... Just thought I would, you know, blow some smoke up their bums. Chances are, the dog will be released and roam the neighborhood again. Hopefully, JD can confiscate it before it makes its way to the freeway only 1 block away.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valspals.roflforum.net
jdtru
Perfect Pal

PostSubject: Unfortunate   Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:35 pm

My husband has lived in this house for a year now and said that last year they got a dog and it disappeared after a couple of weeks and that it never seamed to bother anyone in the family. However, because of the kids there breaking part of our fence, one of our dogs got out last week and animal control found him. We got a citation. Brandon, my husband, talked to the neighbor dad and the dad was pretty upset. He seems to understand and care about animals but with having two jobs is not around enough to really know what is going on. Like I said, the kids have told me that the mom hates dogs. She does not have a job and I don't think she cares about keeping the pet she has healthy.
I forgot to mention that yesterday one of our friends recorded me giving the dog food and water. I do not know if they would give me him but I am going to let them know that I would take him. He is such a cute thing right now!!!! I do think he is going to be big but maybe not. I have chihuahua mixes so just about everything is big to me. But when I go over there he is so sweet and loving that it is just heartbreaking to know that he is being treated poorly!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mysticangel
Perfect Pal

PostSubject: Re: Neighbor animals   Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Evil or Very Mad People like this make me so MAD!! I'm so glad you are next door to keep an eye on the poor baby. Even though it isn't your job. Can you call the ASPCA or something like that. Where if the dog is took away they will fine them, and maybe that would deter them from getting another one. I know that here in the last few months the police and animal control have become stricter on laws to do with animals. I hope this poor baby gets help soon. Blow smoke and fire up there bums Val.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jdtru
Perfect Pal

PostSubject: one good thing   Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:32 pm

Well, there is one good thing. Yesterday the kids unhooked the chain and played with the dog in the back yard and at the other neighbors house. However, I did not see the puppy today. Crying or Very sad I think though that he is inside. I'll let you know later
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jdtru
Perfect Pal

PostSubject: Getting better!!   Sun May 04, 2008 10:10 am

Yea! The neighbors now have a baby Chihuahua that the girls are taking care of (and named) so the boys are taking care of the other puppy (Stranger) that was so bad before. He sleeps inside now. A couple of times that I noticed he was outside he was unchained and there was food out. He is getting up to a healthy weight now. He is still soooooooooooooooo sweet and just wants to be loved on. Every once in a while, I toss over a treat for him still. He is just too cute not to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Something_To_Believe_In
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Neighbor animals   Sun May 04, 2008 1:46 pm

clap dance1

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valspals.roflforum.net
mysticangel
Perfect Pal

PostSubject: Re: Neighbor animals   Sun May 04, 2008 5:13 pm

YAY!!!!!! I'm so glad to hear this. I just hope that they keep up the good work. Next time give that puppy an extra treat for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neighbor animals   

Back to top Go down

Neighbor animals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1